Vegan Without Frontiers is For Sale – the Overland Yacht with or without the Company are available for someone else to start a new adventure.
After several years of hard work, late and over-budget suppliers, broken promises and interrupted by global travel disruptions, we have finally run out of the will and energy required to see this project through.
It has been an interesting journey in itself, designing and building the rather fantastic Overland Yacht. But for me personally, in order to fund this project it has meant going back to a tedious and stressful day-job and giving up the adventures that led us to create this whole concept in the first place. That was not the plan.
So enough is enough – its time to pass on the almost completed Overland Yacht to someone else to put their final touches to. I would rather see the project taken on as a whole, but in reality if there’s someone who wants to buy ‘Katy’ for personal use – she’s available, and the photo-wrap can be easily replaced with a new paint-job!
- 1992 MAN KAT1 A1, 8×8 chassis (ex-German Airforce).
- Left Hand Drive
- Original + 2 extended range fuel tanks.
- Manual Gearbox with Temporary-Auto for starting/short hills.
- Original 10t hydraulic winch with remote
- Central Tyre Inflation/Regulation System (not continuous).
- Habitation Box and Spare Wheel carrier professionally built by Plandex
- Fit-out for Expedition Vehicle by Camperspol
- Registered as Motorhome in the UK
- 9 forward facing seats with belts and forward view
- Cab and Habitation Aircon plus secondary Dometic Aircon for Beds
- 6+ berths (4 singles, 1 extra large double+), plus outside pipe cot
- Dining/Lounge area with Ford Tourneo reversible seats
- All diesel-electric power (no gas).
- 720W (expandable) Solar panels with Victron control system.
- 480Ah in 2* battery banks (expandable/upgradeable)
- Telair 4010D diesel generator with remote control.
- Eberspacher Hydronic Heating/Hot Water
- Electric-powered pop-up roofs over lounge and sleeping area.
- Ceramic Flush/Macerator toilet (separate)
- Separate shower room
- Stainless Steel 2-drawer Vitrifrigo Fridge
- Dometic Freezer (portable)
- Induction Hob
- Washing Machine
- 600l Fresh Water
- Solid Oak Kitchen Worktop, Dining Table and trim.
- Crawl through to cab
- Gull-Wing Terrace – my favourite feature.
- The list could go on, but the rest is just detail…if you’re not convinced now you’ll never be!
What needs finishing? Assembly of the pop-up roofs and canvassing…and the bullbars/pipecot (yes…that’s one thing…you’ll love it!) needs to come back from powder-coating. And the curtains are still in production. That’s about it – but of course with these things there are always extra things you can do.
Excuse the photos…I’ll get some more detailed and current ones done soon!
Price? Probably less than you think if you’ve done any research on these things – try us with an offer as we’re motivated to sell and would love to see Katy go to a good home and fulfil her purpose!